Entries close Wednesday 5 July 2017
The National Sports Convention Awards for innovation within the sport and recreation industry will recognise individuals, not-forprofits, commercial, play, recreation and sports sectors and will be presented on Thursday 20th July at the National Sports Convention Industry Networking Evening.
1. PROGRAMS, ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
Innovative programs, activities and events that have been developed to encourage the community to be more active in large numbers.
2. SPORTS TURF
Innovative solutions that allow greater intensity and durability of natural, hybrid or synthetic sports fields that allow for greater usage.
3. TECHNOLOGICAL SOLUTIONS AND PRODUCTS
Business to business or the business to consumer innovations that encourage more people to play sport or be active.
4. PLAYGROUND DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
Designs and developments that allow and encourage more children to play, have fun and be active.
5. YOUNG INNOVATOR OF THE YEAR
A young person (under 25) who has developed a program, space, activity, technological solution or innovative partnership that is encouraging more people to be active.
6. MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS INNOVATIONS
The packaging and communication of an opportunity in a manner that has innovatively encouraged more people to be active.
7. FACILITY DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
Innovative design and management that creates an environment where more people are active (built and natural environments).
8. THE SPORT, RECREATION AND PLAY INDUSTRY AWARD FOR INNOVATION
Award from one the above 7 winners.
2016 Awards Winners
Greater Shepparton City Council’s Sporting Chance community grant scheme has been recognised as the Overall Winner at the inaugural Australian Sport, Recreation and Play Industry Awards.
The Awards, presented at the 2016 National Sports Convention, recognised achievement and innovation that has promoted and encouraged more people to play, recreate and participate in sport.
Each category winner received a trophy and cash prize.
The finalists in each category were:
1. Programs, Activities and Events: (Collaborated with: Community Sport Australia)
Programs, activities and events that have been developed to encourage the community to be more active in large number:
Winner – Greater Shepparton City Council – Sporting Chance – Community Grant Scheme
• YMCA (Victoria) – Active Moreland – Weeklong Expo and Get Active Program
• Sunshine Coast Council – Heart Week 2016 – Weeklong Health Promotion Expo
2. Sports Turf (Collaborated with: Sports and Play Industry Association):
Innovative solutions that encourage greater intensity and durability of natural or synthetic sports fields in a manner that allows for greater usage:
Winner – SportEng – Deakin University – Multisport Precinct Development
• Hornsby Shire Council – Pennant Hills Park, Oval No.3 – Synthetic Field Development
3. Technological Solutions and Products (Collaborated with Australian Sports Technology Network and Sponsored by: JassTech Solutions)
The Business to Business or the Business to Consumer markets that encourage more people to play sport or be active:
Winner – GOALRILLA Australia – GOALRILLA Basketball – Arena style basketball system for home and sport
• Thinkrelativity – revolutionise360 – cloud based online platform for peak bodies of sport
• Tennis Victoria – Opening Up Tennis – linking on line bookings to access and lights
Designs and developments that encourage more children to play, have fun and be active:
Winner – Rhinoplay – CUBE – Innovative play system
• Parkequip Pty Ltd – Deception Bay Aquatic & Fitness Cent – Aquatic play pad
• City of Greater Geelong – Queens Park Playground – A playground in the trees
5. Marketing and Communication (Collaborated with Australasian Leisure Management)
Packaging and communication of an opportunity in a manner that has encouraged more people to be active:
Winner – Warrnambool City Council – CONNECT Warrnambool – Changing the way clubs and community connect
• CloudeNotes – CloudeNotes – communication tools organizations managing Children in clubs and at venues
• APTA / Melos GmbH – Ready to Build for Sport and playgrounds
6. Facility Design and Development
Innovative design and management that creates and environment where more people are active, (built and natural environments):
Winner – City of Boroondara – Ashburton Pool – Pool Pod Development and Installation
• k20 Architecture – Ballarat Regional Sports Park Design and Development
• Ipswich City Council – Redbank Plains Sports Field and Water harvesting Project