National Sports and Physical Activity Convention Program 2021
Virtual Conference Program
The NSC21 Virtual Conference Program consists of four themed streams, each Thursday we will host a live virtual session at 9.00am – 10.30am AEDT followed by a release of 7 on-demand pre-recorded workshops.
• Thursday 11th November – A Bold Agenda for Managing Sport
• Thursday 18th November – Growing Participation in Active Cities
• Thursday 25th November – Creating Community Sport and Leisure Facilities with Impact
• Thursday 2nd December – Sustainability in Sports Fields and Facility Design
The on-demand workshops and recordings of live sessions will remain available for delegates to watch in the Virtual Conference Portal until 31 December 2021, then they will be accessible through the NSC Academy.
Please view the full Program Overview further below for more information.
We are excited to confirm the inaugural NSC Oration will be hosted live in-person in Melbourne on:
- Date: Thursday 9th December 2021
- Time: 4pm – 7pm AEDT
- Venue: Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (Clarendon Auditorium)
All registered delegates are invited to attend the NSC Oration along with an invited list of Sport VIP’s. For those delegates unable to join us in-person a recording of the proceedings will be made available after the event in the virtual conference portal.
The NSC Oration will feature John Coates AC, President of the Australian Olympic Committee, Vice-President of the IOC and one of Australia’s most successful sports administrators ever. The NSC Oration aims to stimulate discussion, challenge the norms, and provide insights into the future that shapes the way we plan, resource and deliver sport moving forward.
Exploring the past two decades, since Sydney 2000, what should we expect by 2032 and how different will it look compared to current Games, John will share his views on what Australia needs to consider for Brisbane to be ‘Our Best Games Ever’. With discussion surrounding Australia’s children being less active than other countries, how will the Games be used to stimulate more activation programs with children, who could be thinking about how they can be involved in the Games in a decades’ time.
The NSC Oration program includes:
- 3.30pm: Registration Opens
- 4.00pm: Welcome and Official Opening
- 4.15pm: NSC Oration: A Blueprint for the Next Decade – Brisbane 2032 and Beyond – John Coates AC, President, Australian Olympic Committee and Vice President, International Olympic Committee
- 4.45pm: Industry Thought Leaders Panel Discussion with:
- Jock O’Callaghan, President & Independent Chair, Paralympics Australia
- Matt Carroll AM, Chief Executive Officer, Australian Olympic Committee
- Robyn Smith, Chair Australian Sporting Alliance for People with a Disability
- Kate Roffey, President, Melbourne Football Club, Director and Deals, Investment & Major Projects, Wyndham City Council
- Sam Lane, Master of Ceremonies
- 5.30pm: Australian Sport, Recreation and Play Innovation Awards Presentations
- 5.45pm: Launch of National Sports & Physical Activity Convention 2022
- 5.50 pm: Launch of the Active Australia Alliance
- 6.00pm: Industry Reconnecting Networking Session
- 7.00pm: Finish
All registered delegates can attend together with an invited list of Sport VIP’s.
The NSC Academy is new in 2021, providing a central platform for sharing knowledge, providing insights and trends about current thinking and future trends. Every delegate once fully registered, will have access to the NSC Academy.
Within the NSC Academy a plethora of curated material has been provided by Collaborators and the NSC, which will be themed and include:
- NSC knowledge – previous presentations, video recordings, NSC Forums 2020 (Sydney and Melbourne) and access to the NSC 2021 post-event
- Industry thought leader interviews – access to dozens of in-depth interviews with key leaders, globally and across Australia to view and understand their thinking
- Documentation – insight reports, research and downloadable documents that can be used in delegates day to day work
Access to the NSC Academy will be open from 30th June 2021 to 30th June 2022 and will be provided to each delegate once full NSC registration payment has been received.