The National Sports Convention
Developed by the industry for the industry
Global, national and local speakers; community sport and recreation peak body collaborators; many conferences, symposiums, masterclasses, and industry tours; amazing networking opportunities; sport and recreation expo; industry awards altogether in a single venue over three days.
One Convention, Countless Opportunities
Collaboration and Innovation Creates Success
To grow sports participation as an industry we need to change not only the way we look at sport, but how we collaborate, plan, develop and deliver programs to activate people, through a more innovative approach. The National Sports Convention 2017 will have an underlying theme around collaboration and will encourage the industry to reflect on how it can work together to promote innovation to:
- Plan and assess needs collectively – to achieve a collaborative agenda from a holistic perspective, including health, crime prevention, educational improvement and economic and community development through increased participation;
- Target key community groups – to encourage greater participation in community sport;
- Collaborative innovation – to promote and develop innovative offerings to achieve greater impacts;
- Facility design and development – to drive sustainable solutions to cope with and grow participation; and
- Innovative technology – invest in innovative technology that encourages more organisations to connect with the community and provide technological solutions that activate individuals to self-motivate their involvement
The National Sports Convention includes:
- NSC Conference
- Sport and Recreation Expo
- Australian Sport, Recreation and Play Innovation Awards
- National Football Conference
- Industry Best Practice Tours
- Community Sport Think Tank
Our Industry Collaborators and Sponsors are committed to making the conference affordable, accessible, and develop the NSC into Australia’s leading community sport and recreation convention and expo.
Our key Collaborators are:
For the full list of our partners, collaborators and sponsors, click here.
Introduction to the 2016 Conference
2016 Wrap Up