Photo: NSC Awards Winners 2019
The Australian Sport, Recreation and Play Innovation Awards will be presented as part of this year’s NSC Oration. With the largest ever number of submissions this year, the standards have been exceptionally high, and short-listing was very hard. Congratulations to all those who submitted as they showcase the excellent work that is being invested in communities across Australia.
The final three short-listed contenders have been identified for each category and will be invited to attend the NSC Oration on Thursday 9th December (4.00-6.00pm) to celebrate with the industry, here the winners of each category and the overall winner will be announced.
Each category winner will receive a trophy and complimentary NSC Registration to the National Sports & Physical Activity Convention 2022 (value $1,375). Each category winner will then be judged for the opportunity to be crowned the Overall Australian Award for Innovation.
Congratulations to the finalists in each category:
- Programs, Activities and Events
Innovative programs, activities and events that have been developed to encourage the community to be more active.
- Cumberland City Council (NSW) – Healthy Kids Initiative
- AusCycling – Brisbane Cycling Festival
- Belgravia Leisure – e-Learning Programs for mental health and industry training
- Sports Surfaces
Innovative solutions that allow greater intensity and durability of natural, hybrid and synthetic or hard court surfaces that allow for greater usage.
- Coffs Harbour City Council (NSW) – Coffs Coast Sport & Leisure Park – Synthetic Fields
- Landscape Solutions – Kolombo Reserve
- Stadiums Queensland – Queensland Sport and Athletics Centre (QSAC) Bermudagrass Turf Trial
- Technological Solutions and Products
Business to business or the business to consumer innovations that encourage more people to participate, play and recreate.
- AusCycling – Ride Nation Marketplace
- University of Western Australia – KIDDO: Improve your move
- The Y NSW – Gymnastics Online Classes
- Playground Design and Development
Designs and developments that allow and encourage more children to play, have fun and be active.
- A SPACE AUSTRALIA – Guyatt Park, Park Warrior Course
- IPAN Deakin University (Vic) – ProjectPARK
- Place Design Group – Variety Livvi’s Place, Glenfield
- Marketing and Communication Innovations
The packaging and communications of an opportunity in a manner that has innovatively encouraged more people to be active.
- Golf Australia – Visionary of the Year
- City of Swan (WA) – Swan Active – COVID 19 Response For Kids
- Wheelchair Sports NSW/ACT – How I Roll
- Facility Design and Development
Innovative, sustainable design and management that creates an environment where people are active.
- Dwp | Design Worldwide Partnership – Eric Tweedale Stadium
- City of Swan (WA) – Beechboro Community Hub
- Monash Council (Vic) – Oakleigh Recreation Centre Redevelopment