John Coates AC to Explore Impact of Brisbane 2032 on the Industry and Participation in Community Sport over the Next Decade
The National Sports & Physical Activity Convention is pleased to Launch the NSC Oration as the crescendo for NSC21 on Thursday 9th December in Melbourne.
The inaugural NSC Oration will feature John Coates AC, President of the Australian Olympic Committee, Vice-President of the IOC and one of Australia’s most successful sports administrators.
The NSC Oration aims to stimulate discussion, challenge the norms, and provide insights into the future that will shape the way we plan, resource and deliver sport moving forward.
Exploring the past two decades, since Sydney 2000, what should we expect by 2032 and how different will it look compared to current Games, John will share his views on what Australia needs to consider for Brisbane to be our most successful Games ever. With discussion surrounding Australia’s children being less active than other countries, how will the Games be used to inspire more activation programs with children, who could be thinking about how they can be involved in the Games in a decade’s time.
The NSC Oration will be held Thursday 9th December in Melbourne from 4.00pm-7.00pm and includes:
- 4.00pm: Welcome and Official Opening
- 4.15pm: NSC Oration: A Blueprint for the Next Decade – Brisbane 2032 and Beyond – John Coates AC, President, Australian Olympic Committee and Vice President, International Olympic Committee
- 4.45pm: Industry Thought Leaders Panel Discussion with:
- Jock O’Callaghan, President & Independent Chair, Paralympics Australia
- Matt Carroll, Chief Executive Officer, Australian Olympic Committee
- Robyn Smith, Chair, Australian Sporting Alliance for People with a Disability
- Kate Roffey, President, Melbourne Football Club, Director – Deals, Investment & Major Projects, Wyndham City Council
- Sam Lane, NSC Oration Host
- 5.30pm: Australian Sport, Recreation and Play Innovation Awards Presentations
- 5.45pm: Launch of National Sports & Physical Activity Convention 2022
- 5.50pm: Industry Reconnecting Networking Session – Powered by DCE
- 7.00pm: Finish
It is expected that all key National and State Sports CEO’s and Leadership teams and Victorian NSC delegates will join the NSC Oration Panel to Reconnect and Network, after a very challenging year. Dalton Consulting Engineers (DCE) are the NSC Oration’s Networking Partners and are passionate about providing the opportunity for the industry to re-connect with each other after such a challenging year and look forward to providing the opportunity for the industry to celebrate and feel positive about 2022.
Martin Sheppard, NSC Founder says – “John Coates passion for sport, for Australia and for providing opportunities for Aussies to participate in Sport at the Olympics and Paralympics, is only exceeded by his ability to make difficult challenges look easy. This was shown with the success of the Tokyo Games and the ability for Australia to secure the 2032 Games.”
Sheppard continues “I am excited to hear John’s views on what we need to do for the next decade and what does leadership look like to achieve that across the sector.”